Claire Wright Style holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to email@example.com. We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in April 2018.
1. WHAT WE DO
Claire Wright Style provides nutritional coaching services and personal styling, helping clients to improve their diet and image. We also provide wellbeing advice in order to live a healthier lifestyle.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information provided by you
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
- By completing a nutritional questionnaire
- By signing a terms of engagement form
- During a nutrition or style consultation
- Through email, over the telephone or by post
- By taking credit card and online payment
- By downloading a free resource, such as an ebook.
This may include the following information:
- basic details such as name, address, email address, phone number and other contact details
- details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and appointment requests.
- health information including your previous medical history, dietary and lifestyle details.
- Bank details
We use this information in order to provide you with health and image advice. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
Following completion of our services, we retain your personal data for the period defined by our registrant body CNHC. This enables us to process any complaint you may make. In this case the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for contract administration.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct health and image advice. We act as a data controller and processor in regard to the processing of credit card and online payments.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information e.g. in order to safeguard an individual, or to prevent a serious crime. Also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Our registrant body FNTP, for the processing of a complaint made by you
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg, FNTP if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
· Have your information deleted
· Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
· Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law or in accordance with FNTP guidelines.
· Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
· Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to automated decision based on your personal data.
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller email@example.com
6. WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE IN PLACE TO ENSURE DATA THAT IDENTIFIES ME IS SECURE?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
Claire Wright Style is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and collects data for a variety of purposes. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
7. HOW LONG DO YOU HOLD CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION FOR?
All records held by Claire Wright Style will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from our professional association FNTP.
8. WEBSITE TECHNICAL DETAILS
We do use electronic forms on our website making use of an available ‘forms module’ which has a number of built-in features to help ensure privacy. We also aim to use secure forms where appropriate.
AcceptCookies: this is used to store whether you have agreed to receive cookies. Persistent for one year.
Google Analytics: these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the Data Controller by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.